You can never go wrong with a good hearty Vegan Mushroom Potato Soup. This dish is not only filling, tasty and healthy but super simple to make in a hurry for a quick dinner that will impress even your non-vegan friends.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 cups soy milk (organic, unsweetened, unflavored)
- 1 medium Portobello mushroom
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 slice white onion
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (1 tsp dried)
- Cut up the potatoes into small chunks and boil (or bake) them until tender all the way through. Boiling should take around 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes when done.
- 2Sauté the onion, mushroom, and ginger in a small skillet. I like to use water in place of oil for this step.
- Put the potatoes, onion, mushroom, ginger, and remaining ingredients (minus the green onion) into the Vitamix.
- Select Hot Soups program. [If you are using the 5200 series blender, slowly work your way up to high and leave there for 5 minutes]
- Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Top your Mushroom Potato Soup with diced green onion for a professional look.
I hope that you enjoy this Mushroom Potato Soup Recipe. You can find more Vitamix recipes here. If you haven’t already done yourself the favor and purchased a Vitamix blender, I encourage you to do so.
Vitamix blenders make healthy cooking easier and faster and require minimal clean-up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me using the “Contact” tab at the top of the page or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org