I encourage everyone to try this amazingly delicious (and nutritious) plum pudding. Not only is it tasty, but it’s chock-full of protein, omega 3 oils, and fiber. With plums and chia seeds working together, this simple three ingredient dessert can improve brain function, reverse depression, provide antioxidant protection, and increase your overall health. Obviously plums are amazing to the taste buds, but they also provide our bodies with loads of vitamin A, C, and K. Enough with the intro, let’s get plum crazy 🙂
Preparation: 5 minutes Program: Frozen Desserts
Yield: 4–6 servings
- 4 Plums (any variety)
- 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (sweetened)
Quick note on chia seeds: You can find chia seeds at most vegan-friendly grocers these days, from Trader Joes to Whole Foods. I usually buy mine online from Nuts.com where they offer an organic variety.
1. Slice open the plums and remove pits.
2. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
3. Select Frozen Desserts program.
4. Press Start.
5. Allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
[If you are using the 5200 series, slowly work your way up to high setting and leave there for 30-45 seconds, making sure that the skins have been blended well]
6. Pour your blended goodness into a container with a lid and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour; this will allow the chia seeds to do their thing and gel up!
7. Serve it up in your favorite dessert dish and enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this awesome purple plum dessert! You can find more Vitamix recipes here. If you haven’t already done yourself the favor and purchased a Vitamix blender, I encourage you to do so. Vitamix blenders make healthy cooking easier and faster and require minimal clean-up. To learn more about Vitamix, click here. With my affiliate code 06-008570 you will receive free shipping on your order of a Vitamix 5200 series blender. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me using the “Contact” tab or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org Happy Blending!