Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 Pumpkin (Pie Pumpkin)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (approx. 20 fl oz.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Raw (demerara) Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- Cut your pumpkin into several small pieces so that it will fit nicely onto a baking sheet. Do not remove the seeds or guts of the pumpkin. [Note: Some pumpkins can be really tough. You may have to be somewhat resourceful and persistent to get yours open.]
- Place the pumpkin pieces (without oil) onto a baking sheet. Bake on 350° for about 45 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then remove the skin from the pumpkin pieces.
- Dump the cooked pumpkin, coconut milk, and all of those flavorful spices into your blender and secure the lid.
- Set your Vitamix blender to the “Hot Soups” setting and press Start. [Note: If you are using another model of blender, simply blend the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until smooth and hot]
- Garnish your soup with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon to make it look extra fancy 🙂 Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please take a moment to look at some of our other Vitamix Recipes. What’s your favorite way to prepare pumpkin?
Serving Size:1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgFiber: 10g