Simple Vegan Tofu with Rice and Soy Sauce Recipe
|My vegan fried rice with tofu!|
Cooking Vegan with Minimal Ingredients
Sometimes you look in your fridge and it feels like the inside of an empty igloo in a barren frozen tundra. It had been a hectic few weeks and I had not gone food shopping but had a hungering for carbohydrates and protein when I woke up at 11:30 AM Saturday morning. (it was a late night!) I needed a hearty meal and felt like skipping breakfast to go straight to lunch.
I looked around my kitchen and decided that my last remaining block of extra firm tofu would be a solid protein source and struck gold with an unopened container of long grain texmati rice. This block of tofu was destined for greatness. Tofu fried rice was on the menu today! I boiled the rice for about 15 minutes as my diced tofu was frying in olive oil with chopped up onion, salt, pepper and a touch of paprika and turmeric for flavor. Luckily, i had packets of soy sauce leftover from a previous delivered meal and used the packets instead of buying a bottle of soy sauce. The meal was simple, filling and I even had leftovers which i enjoyed later on.
|Brand: Rice Select Long Grain Texmati Rice|
Vegan Tofu Fried Rice Ingredients/Preparation (makes a large amount)
- 5 cups of Rice Select Long Grain Texmati Rice
- 8 cups of water
- Half of an onion diced up.
- One large block of tofu (firm or extra firm) cut into medium squares
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce Almost ready for my stomach!
- Boil 6-7 cups of water with a pinch of salt
- Place 5 cups of rice in boiling water and let cook for 15 minutes or until rice is at desired consistency
- As rice is cooking, heat up a large pan and place tofu and onions in pan
- Cover tofu with a decent amount of olive oil and continue to stir until tofu turns golden brown
- Add salt, pepper, turmeric and paprika and soy sauce to the stir fry and continue.
- Add soy sauce to the rice and mix tofu in.